Monday, November 18, 2013

Building A Dream - Mugen Del Sol

My goal this year was to focus on filmmaking so that I could increase the level of quality I was producing. Unfortunately, after a lot of frustration with things not coming out how I wanted, I began to lose interest and confidence, and ended up doing a lot more photography as a result. Part of me was never happy while doing this, but no matter how much I wanted I just could't bring myself to making another film. I just didn't think I could do it anymore.

 Up to this point, I've shot plenty of montage videos and even a few documentaries but had yet to actually put one of the latter together. This film marks the very first time I actually finish a mini documentary. It's far from perfect but I'm quite proud of it. It was filmed with no budget, in one day, and with no crew. The only equipment I had was what I owned - which really isn't the best, especially my not so good shotgun mic - but nonetheless I aimed to make it work. As I always say, "it's not what you have but what you do with what you've got."

Preparing this film has been a great confidence booster, one that has me extremely excited to put together some of the other documentaries I have filmed.

Anyway, without further ado, here is the film featuring Will Wang's Del Sol former Honda Tuning Magazine cover car!

3 comments: